I’m in Tennessee for Spring Break, visiting some extended family! Here a few things I have learned:
- I’m very timid driving on mountainous, winding roads.
- Long talks with Mamaw are the best. She is 99 and remembers everything. The only reason she would not is if she pretended to hear something you did not say loud enough.
- My uncle Jesse is way cooler than the Uncle Jesse we all know from Full House. (I already knew that though, but I thought I should enlighten you all of that fact, too)
- People here like to yell stuff out the car window… they’re awfully enthusiastic.
- My papaw knows his Nascar better than anyone I have ever met.
- Coca-Cola is like water here… it’s served to you whether you like it or not.
- Seeing friends from home is a breath of fresh air (even fresher when in the mountains).
- I don’t think anyone here knows what “hungry” means. (My tummy might be mad at me by the end of the week)Pal’s milkshakes… nothing can compare to them. Dr. Enuf… makes me burp with every sip. Thank you, Insomnia cookies for the sweet treats and fun note.
- UT has a pretty neat campus and Knoxville is so fun.. (shout out to my cousin and his girlfriend for an awesome weekend)My cousin, Chance, dangling from an old attic on a nature trail…This crazy, chaotic restaurant that gives you insults on hats. People pay to go there to have everyone be (humorously) rude. Quite the experience.Downtown Gatlinburg… stumbled upon a very very very talented bluegrass band…“Club Jump Jam” where you flip into foam pits, get hit by dodge balls, quickly run out of energy, and cannot get a good quality picture in because of the black light.. If you ever find yourself in Knoxville, I highly recommend visiting THE cutest place on earth… PUPPY ZONE!
- Deers walk quickly and lightly and love leading you down trails… if you’re quiet. They might even pose for a picture for you 😉& finally, I was reminded that God is a beautiful, creative, and awesome designer.May we never lose the wonder.